Traditional Iranian Martial Arts (Varzesh-e Pahlavani)
Pahlavan-e Bozorg Razaz vs. Fourteen Best Pahlavans of Iran
Pahlavan Bozorg Hassan Razaz
Pahlavan Haj Seyed Hassan Razaz used to do vigorous daily exercises.
It helped his endurance and strength. It is reported that he practiced
with 1,000 sets of Meels, 1,000 sets of Kabadeh, 1,000 sets of Sang, and
1,000 Shena (a form of push-up).
After such a vigorous set of exercises he then wrestled everyone
who accepted his challenge in the Zoorkhaneh. This is also known as
Dor-e-Koshti (Wrestling Series). This is when a Pahlavan challenges
other capable wrestlers in a Zoorkhaneh to wrestle with him.
One day during a
Gol Rizan event at Kashipazha Zoorkhaneh in
Tehran, he wrestled with fourteen best pahlavans of the time, who
welcomed his challenge in the Zoorkhaneh. The following were Pahlavan
- Pahlavan Gholam Tajrishi: He was one of the best students of Pahlavan-e
Bozorg Abolghasem Qumi.
- Pahlavan Ghorban Tajrishi
- Pahlavan Haj Hesamu'l-sultan Khoshnevisan: He wrestled with Pahlavan
Yazdi Kochak and tied with him.
- Pahlavan Haj Mohammad Khordehforoush Najaran: One of the students of Pahlavan
- Pahlavan Seyed Mousa Darkhoongahi: He was known as the "Wrestling
Book" because he knew all the wrerstling tricks and moves.
- Pahlavan Akbar Jegaraki
- Pahlavan Baba Ramezan
- Pahlavan Karim Badalkar: He is the uncle of Pahlavan Abbas Zandi.
He was known as Badalkar because whatever move his opponent made, he
was able to come up with a counter move. He wrestled Pahlavan Sadegh
Qumi two times and both times tied.
- Pahlavan Assad'u'llah Haji Mehrab
- Pahlavan Akbar Khan Tarashti
- Pahlavan Nayeb Ali Khan Malek: He was elected to wrestle foriegn
wrestlers from Europe and Russia.
- Pahlavan Esmail Dastmalchi
- Pahlavan Mostafa
- Pahlavan Ab'ul-ghasem Heykal
1. Pahlavan Gholam Tajrishi (left)
2. Pahlavan Ghorban Tajrishi (right)
3. Pahlavan Haj Hesam'ul-sultan Khoshnevisan (left)
4. Pahlavan Haj Mohammad Najaran (right, standing)
5. Pahlavan Seyed Mousa Darkhoongahi (left, seated)
6. Pahlavan Akbar Jegaraki (right, seated)
7. Pahlavan Baba Ramezan (right)
8. Pahlavan Karim Badalkar (left)
9. Pahlavan Asad'u'llah Haji Mehrab
10. Pahlavan Akbar Khan Tarashti (left)
11. Pahlavan Nayeb Ali Khan Malek
12. Pahlavan Esmail Dastmalchi
13. Pahlavan Mostafa
14. Pahlavan Ab'ul-ghasem Heykal
Pahlavan Razaz won every single match on this day and proved one more time why he was
called the best wrestler of all times.
Go to Main Page of Traditional Iranian Martial Arts
Copyright © Sportestan Publishing, 1999
Copyright © Pahlavani.com, 2002
All rights reserved